The work injury lawyers at Mehta & McConnell, PLLC are excited to announce the winner of the 2022 scholarship contest to be Stephanie Saldana!
Stephanie Saldana went to Garinger High School in Charlotte.
She is currently in her fourth year at Elizabeth City State University.
Her major is Biology and minor is Chemistry.
As workers’ compensation lawyers, the team at Mehta & McConnell understands that being injured at work can not only take a toll on one’s self but also your family.
This is especially true if the family member injured is an undocumented worker. This is why Mehta & McConnell has created the Work Injury Awareness Scholarship Contest.
Our firm’s hope with this scholarship is to spread awareness about the challenges undocumented workers face when they sustain an injury at work and what rights they have in the workplace.
To enter, write a 200-300 word essay about the struggles an undocumented worker may face with a work injury and how laws can better protect them.
The most cohesive and compelling essay will win and be awarded $1,000 to put towards their college tuition.
- Applicants must live in/attend school in either North or South Carolina.
- Applicants must be EITHER be a high school senior (graduating summer 2024) OR students currently enrolled in a college, trade school, or university at the start of the fall 2024 semester.
- Must submit your essay by Wednesday, December 1, 2024.
- Write a 200-300 word essay about the struggles an undocumented worker may face with a work injury and how laws can better protect them.
- Minimum word count: 200
- Cannot exceed 350 words
- One (1) winner will receive $1,000 to put towards their college tuition**
The winner will be notified via email and will need to provide their student ID information when the check is sent to the institution’s registrar’s office.
- December 1, 2024
When Will the Winner Be Announced?
- December 15th, 2024
Please complete the entry form below to submit your application. Your entry should include:
- Your Name
- A valid email address
- Phone number
- A copy of your transcript or proof of enrollment
- Upload your 200 – 300 word essay as a Word doc
How to Apply
- To apply for the scholarship contest fill out and submit the following information in the link below