The very nature of a loading dock is dangerous. It is typically a bustling hub of any warehouse, with trucks loading and unloading around the clock. The constant flurry of activity and freight vehicles backing in and pulling out...Keep Reading
Mehta & McConnell Injury Lawyers Extraordinary Legal Help for Workers In Need
We understand that hiring an attorney is the last thing you want to think about. That’s why you should hire a firm that has the knowledge, dedication, and experience to deliver you the results that you deserve.
When you hire Mehta & McConnell, you will be working directly with North Carolina State Bar board-certified workers’ compensation attorneys. Our team of attorneys has over 30 years of combined legal experience handling complex and simple cases.
We were both defense attorneys, so we know how insurance companies think and evaluate claims. Knowing how our opponent plays the game gives us a level playing field and helps us achieve the results our clients need and deserve.
If you are dealing with a workplace injury, lost wages, or any other work-related legal and financial problem, schedule a free, no-commitment consultation with experienced Charlotte workers’ compensation attorneys today.
- Always here for his client“Mr. Mehta was very professional He helped my mom from step one all the way to the finish line He had interpreters to help translate when I wasn’t able to help. He was kind and gets the job done He is here for his clients one hundred percent until the end”- Luz via Avvo
- Really went to bat for me..."Viral did a great job handling my case and really went to bat for me. If I ever need an attorney again I won't hesitate to contact him.”- Sebastian McShane via Google
- He Will fight for you...“He Will fight for you like a mama bear defending her cubs!”- Stefan James via Google
$125,000 settlementHead injury to maintenance technician who fell off ladder.
$112,500 settlementNursing home administrator who fell and sustained accepted head injury and denied back injury.
$100,000 settlementRight hip injury to restaurant employee
How Can We Help You?
If you were injured at work, we can help you with all aspects of your North Carolina workers’ compensation claim. We will fight so you receive all of the medical treatment and lost wages you are entitled to under the law
If you are out of work due to your work injury, you are entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits for your lost wages. Our Charlotte workers compensation attorneys can help you prove your claim for disability compensation.
Workers’ Compensation for Undocumented Workers
Undocumented workers have the same rights to North Carolina workers’ compensation benefits as any other injured worker. Undocumented workers have full rights to receive benefits for lost wages and medical treatment.
Warehouse and Factory Accidents
Workers in warehouses and factories have to operate heavy machinery and work in crowded environments, increasing their risk of injury. We have represented workers you have been involved in a wide variety of warehouse and factory accidents. Let an experienced Charlotte workers compensation lawyer help you in your claim!
Meet The Attorneys
Over 30 years of combined experience. Focusing on Workers’ Compensation litigation in North Carolina.
- How should I respond when the insurance company wants to take my recorded statement? The insurance company is probably thinking about denying your case if they have asked to take your recorded statement. The insurance adjuster will try to get you to make statements that weaken your claim. You should always contact an experienced workers’ compensation attorney before giving a recorded statement.
- How much should I receive in weekly lost wages? If you are out of work due to your work injury, you should receive tax-free benefits in the amount of ⅔ of your pre-injury average weekly wage. The North Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act contains a weekly maximum and minimum of disability benefits. If you are back at work but making less than you did prior to your injury, then you are entitled to receive ⅔ of the difference in wages.
- What should I do if my case was denied? You should immediately contact an experienced workers’ compensation attorney. Our North Carolina board-certified workers’ compensation attorneys can help you fight the denial of your case. We will try to resolve the dispute with the insurance company, but we are also prepared to take your case to a hearing if necessary.
- When should I consider hiring an attorney? Hiring an attorney early in your claim will likely maximize your recovery. Even if the insurance company is paying for your treatment and lost wages, disputes may arise later in your case. At that point, it may be too late for an attorney to preserve your right to workers’ compensation benefits.
- How are workers’ compensation attorneys paid? Workers’ compensation attorneys are paid on a contingency basis, meaning we don’t get paid unless you do. North Carolina workers’ compensation attorney fees are generally 25% of the amount your attorney recovers for an injured worker.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports thousands of airline employee injuries each year. Whether you work on the tarmac, in baggage handling, or on the plane itself as a pilot or flight attendant, you are at risk of...Keep Reading
There are various safety practices for warehouse workers to be aware of to avoid injury, or possibly even death. It is crucial for warehouse worker safety for workers to be aware of best practices for their safety and health....Keep Reading